Monday, September 15, 2008

Wish # 70 about Great Grandma Bessie Scofield


Click image for larger view!

I put this square and wish in Avery's scrapbook because I wanted my Grandma Scofield, who is no longer with us to be part of her quilt. The material is from one of her shirts, and will be put in the quilt. It is too bad that Avery will not be able to meet and be around Grandma Scofield. Grandma used to take me shopping, and I used to spend the night at her house. She was always at the farm with Grandpa Scofield (who's square I'm still working on). She made the best goulash and awesome chicken and biscuits and gravy. I miss her a lot and feel sad that she will not hold Avery. But I'm sure she's looking down and is proud of Gary and myself. We will tell Avery about her and show her pictures, she will be a part of Avery's life. God Bless you Grandma!!


I have also put a little envelope on this page that has a special note for Avery to open when she is older that tells more about Grandma Scofield. It is sad that she won't meet my Grandma or Grandpa Scofield. Or even my Grandpa Creighton...he died many many years ago. But we will remember them, and introduce them all to her through this quilt so that Avery will know them all through her scrapbook, and pictures, and our memories. We 're doing the same with Gary side of the family.

0 comments: